Everyday, we get a lot of questions from our friends and our blog readers asking us how to convert word to PDF and PDF to word. So due to all these sorts of questions we always get, We thought it wise to write and educate most of the people out there including our readers. There are many ways through which one can easily convert word to PDF and also convert PDF to word. You can use a third party program to convert a word document into PDF and from PDF also back to word. You can also use the normal Microsoft word program to also do that. In this article we are going to talk about the second one. That’s converting from word to pdf using MS word.
MS Word 2007, 2010, 2013 and the current version have the feature in it that allows the user to save files or convert document either in the normal word format or PDF format. Most of the users of this program have no idea about this feature. They think is a must to save your files in the default MS word format without knowing there are other options they can choose to save their files.
If you are one of those who don’t know how to save an MS word document into pdf format, then the below steps will take you throughout the process.
To save your file in PDF format follow the steps below:
- Make sure you’ve finished typing your document and you ready to save it
- Once you are certain that your document is now ready to be saved, click on the office button or the file menu which is located at the top left corner of your MS word program.
- Now a drop menu will appear, click on Export or Save As.
- Now a save as dialog box will pop-up for you to select the file storage location and that of the format you want to save the document in.
- Chose the location to save the document, give it a name and the just after the “file name” you will see a save as with a drop-down arrow. Click on the drop down to select the document format.
- Once you click on the drop down list you will see different format including pdf format. Since you want your document into Pdf then you have to select the pdf format.
- Now click on the save button below the dialog box and that’s it. Your document will now be saved in pdf format.
How To Convert From Pdf To MS Word Format
As I already said, the MS word program can also convert your document from pdf format to MS word format without having to use any software or add-ons. But here, is not all versions of MS word that can perform this function. The function only applies to MS word 2013 and 2016. So in order to use this function, you have to get this version of MS word first and then follow the steps below to convert from PDF to MS word.
- Click File > Open.
- Choose the location of the PDF and click Browse.
- Find the PDF and click Open.
- Now click on the file once again and save as MS word format and should be all.
Note: The converted document might not have a perfect page-to-page correspondence with the original. For example, lines and pages may break at different locations.