It is now possible to access your phone WhatsApp account on to your PC through the web browser. Previously Using WhatsApp on your computer is not possible without you using an emulator. But now it is possible to use this platform on your desktop computer or laptop without you installing any Android emulator. This is possible with the help of the WhatsApp web feature that has been added to the messaging platform. Using WhatsApp on your laptop/desktop is as easy as one can think. You don’t have to be a tech guru in order to be able to do that. Just follow the steps below if you want to mirror your WhatsApp account on your PC for a large display screen chat.
- On your computer/laptop launch your browser (preferably chrome browser) and head to https://web.whatsapp.com.
- Once you are on the webpage, A QR code will pop up on the screen on your PC. (Note you do not need a QR reader installed on your phone to read this code).
- Now Launch WhatsApp on your phone and then tap on the three “dots” at the top right to access more options on an Android device, and then choose WhatsApp Web.
- A QR reader will then open on your phone. Point it to your PC screen to read the code. Once it is able to read the code, you will be automatically logged into WhatsApp on the web browser.
- Now that you are login to your account, you will see your phone WhatsApp screen chat on the pc
- Now to start a new conversation on the WhatsApp web, you have to click on the search function and this will let you start new conversations as well as filter existing chats. That’s all you have now successfully connected you WhatsApp account to your PC.
But note that, once your phone and computer are connected WhatsApp will by default keep you logged in unless you specify otherwise. You can choose to stay logged without logging out. But having logged out you’ll need to go through the QR code process again the next time you want to log into WhatsApp on that computer.
Benefits of Using WhatsApp On Pc
The main advantage of using you WhatsApp on the pc is the fact that all your messages will be displayed in a wide screen and you can easily switch from one contact to another without having to go back. You can also easily copy any important chat from your phone to your computer with just some few clicks.
The disadvantage of using WhatsApp on the PC
The only disadvantage that I can say is the fact that desktop notifications are supported. This means if the PC you are using is a shared PC, anyone can easily open your message and read once there is a new message notification. But the good thing is that, you can deactivate this notification by tapping the three dot icon. Then, Select Notifications and then deselect Desktop Alerts and Sounds.
If you have any query or just what to share your views then feel free to drop comments below. If you are in love with this blog, then do subscribe to our newsletter for free updates of our upcoming articles. Please don’t keep this alone, share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and other social media by clicking on the share button below.